Library Open for Browsing & Computer Services
Welcome back to the library! Staff have been working hard to reopen the library building to the public. We have worked on a number of projects while the building has been closed, and a number of changes to our first floor to prioritize safety while browsing. When you visit, we ask that you follow our safety precautions and keep your visits brief to allow others entry. We also have made changes to our holds procedures. If you are coming to pick up a hold beginning Feb. 19, please make sure to read our holds information page.
Please follow these safety precautions:
- Wear a mask. Masks are required for all visitors age 2 and older, and must fully cover your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Keep your distance. Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Be brief. Building capacity is limited, so we ask that you keep your visit as brief as possible to allow others entry. During busy times, we may enforce a 1 hour time limit and there may be a line to enter the building.
- Be mindful of staff and each other. Please respect the acrylic shields installed at service desks, and maintain proper distancing when approaching staff.
- Keep children close. If you bring children with you, please keep them with you at all times. While you watch your children, staff can help select materials for you
- Keep your hands clean. Staff have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the building for your convenience.
- Return items safely. All library items are quarantined for 48 hours upon return. We ask that you return items in the drop boxes in the library parking lot to help minimize contact with books before they are quarantined.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. If you have items to pick up, call the library and we can extend your holds.
- In-person browsing and borrowing of our collections
- Pick up holds in the library or via contactless Parking Lot Pickup. We have a new procedure for picking up in-building holds; learn more here.
- Reference and readers advisory services from Youth and Adult Services librarians
- Computer stations
- WiFi access (also available outside the building)
- Printing, scanning, and copying
- Limited seating to accommodate individuals with mobility impairments
- Offsite material returns are open
Some of our collections, services, and spaces are not available during this phase of reopening:
- No study rooms, and seating areas and work tables have been removed temporarily
- No room rentals
- Periodicals Room is closed, though many magazines remain holdable
- No in-person programming. View our events calendar for virtual programs
- Toys, games, and other interactives are not available
- No eating or drinking inside the library
- Material donations are not accepted by the Library or Friends of the Library
- Books Down Under (the Friends of the Library Bookstore) remains closed until further notice
Updated March 1, 2021