The Library's December/January community art show will explore the theme of Beginnings. We invite artists in Wilmette, Kenilworth, and beyond to submit works that they feel fits the theme—the interpretation is up to you! We will accept up to 40 pieces on a first come, first served basis. In order to be entered in the show, you must register your work online.
Art due December 8, 4-6PM or December 10, 1-3PM
Online Registration opens Monday, November 13 at 10am
Drop off times: Friday, December 8, 4:00-6:00. Sunday, December 10, 1:00-3:00.
Opening Reception: Friday, December 15, 7:00
Pick up: Monday, February 5, 4:00-6:00
Work must be dropped off and picked up during these times, no exceptions will be made. Only register for the show if you are able to make the listed drop off and pick up times.
Artists over the age of 18 residing in the Chicago metropolitan area may enter. There is no entry fee.
Work will be accepted at the Wilmette Library, 1242 Wilmette Avenue only during the times listed above. The library is located a block west of Green Bay Road on the corner of Park Ave. All work MUST BE REGISTERED online prior to dropping off art to participate in the show. The first 40 pieces registered will be accepted. Work not registered will not be accepted.
Enter one wall piece, not exceeding 4’ x 4’, framed for gallery presentation and wired for hanging. The entry must not have been submitted previously. Dax-type frames, masonite and clip¬board frames will not be accepted. Additionally, sculpture and multi-piece works (e.g., diptychs, triptychs) will not be accepted in this show. The piece should fit into the show’s theme: Beginning/s.
• Artists must personally submit his or her own work. Commercial galleries may not submit work for an artist.
• Work previously submitted in a Wilmette Public Library Show will not be accepted.
• All subject matter must be appropriate for viewing by the general public.
• Library employees are not permitted to accept or release artwork at any time. Artists may not drop off or remove work from the Auditorium except at the times designated in the show calendar.
• There is no limit on the number of shows artists may enter, but no artist may enter two consecutive shows.
• All work must be wired for hanging with a wire across the back.
• All work must be under the size limit of 4 ft x 4 ft.
All pieces must fit into the above guidelines to be accepted into the show.
ALL work must be delivered during the stated drop off times: Friday, December 8, 4:00-6:00. Sunday, December 10, 1:00-3:00. Pick up is Monday, February 5, 4:00-6:00. Art must be picked up at this time
More shows will follow! Our following show will be in the spring with the theme Nature. Our summer show theme is Abstraction.
*The Library reserves the right to reject any piece that does not meet the posted guidelines or is otherwise unfit for the Library.