Professional and paraprofessional job notices may appear on this page as well as in the classifieds section of local Pioneer Press newspapers which may include Evanston, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glenview and Northbrook editions.
WPL Job Application (pdf)
WPL Job Application (docx)
Part Time Graphic Designer
15-18 hours per week
$19.00/hour+ depending on qualifications
We are seeking a highly creative, organized, and collaborative candidate for a Marketing & Graphic Design Coordinator. This position reports to the Head of Community Services, but must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This non-exempt position will be approximately 15-18 hours per week, with a flexible schedule and some telecommuting options. The Coordinator will work closely with all departments to help create a vibrant and exciting Library brand in both digital and print formats.
- Create print materials including flyers, posters, calendars, and electronic displays that present a cohesive Library brand.
- Create and maintain branding and style guide for all Library communications.
- Create infographics & logos.
- Work with Head of Virtual Services to create digital graphics for Library website.
- Maintain the electronic displays throughout the Library.
- Work across departments to create signage for programs and events.
- Assist with design on special projects, including One Book Everybody Reads & Annual Juried Art Show.
- Coordinate with Head of Community Services to design promotional materials for the Library.
- Create graphics to be used across platforms, including social media, e-blasts, and print newsletters.
- Assist in the production of Library newsletter.
- Photograph Library events.
- Help to plan and run Library outreach events and programs as needed.
- Serve on Library committees as needed.
- Represents the library at professional and community activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of one year of customer service or client experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in Graphic Design and video editing.
- Works collaboratively with others, with the ability to adapt to change.
- High interest in libraries and community services.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working autonomously on projects, with superior time management skills.
- Commitment to quality customer service, with a positive work ethic.
Wilmette Public Library is an EEO employer.
Deadline: Thursday, March 9, 2017