The Wilmette Public Library is looking for a part-time Switchboard Operator/Circulation Clerk to help direct the flow of incoming calls throughout the library and assist patrons with registration or check-in/check-out needs. Both the Switchboard Operator & Circulation Clerk are main points of contact for our patrons so this position requires a high degree of customer service skill and multi-tasking.
- Answering incoming phone calls and routing those calls to appropriate departments and individuals.
- Assures proper screening of calls to the appropriate departments and provides information as needed while demonstrating the highest level of professional phone demeanor and customer service skills.
- Assist Materials Management with processing library returns as well as monitoring security cameras.
Circulation Clerk Responsibilities:
- Assist patrons with checking in and checking out books and other library materials.
- Process new library registrations as well as renewals.
- Notify patrons of fines/fees and collect/process payments
- Answer patron questions and handle customer service requests.
Hours & Comp:
- Part-time, non-exempt position at approximately 10-12 hours per week:
- Switchboard: Thursdays 5:00pm – 9:00pm & every other Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Circulation: one shift per week of 5:00pm – 9:00pm on either Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
- Starting hourly rate:
- $11.44/hour for Switchboard.
- $12.91 for Circulation Clerk
- Must be able to handle multi-phone line system with efficiency and accuracy and patience.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be highly motivated with upbeat, positive demeanor.
- Previous Switchboard experience a plus but not required.
- Experience with computers and cash registers highly desirable.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- HS Dipl/GED req. College degree preferred
- Flexibility to work and pick up extra shifts highly desirable.
If interested please visit our website at www.wilmettelibrary.info and download an application. All applications must be filled out completely and submitted to:
Michael Boone, PHR
Manager of Human Resources
Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a DDF workplace and an EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.