Wilmette Public Library Human Resources Specialist
Are you a self-directed and energetic HR professional with 3-5 years experience seeking new responsibilities? The Wilmette Public Library has created a new position for a Human Resources Specialist to manage the HR function. Reporting to Executive Director, the HR Specialist will manage all benefit administration and play a key role in new initiatives. This position works closely with all departments to promote a positive and supportive work environment, with an emphasis on staff development and growth. Enjoy a 37.5 work week, excellent benefits and flex-time options.
About the role:
- Manage Employee Relations providing exceptional service to employees.
- Ensure legal compliance with library HR policies and procedures. Maintain and submit required reporting.
- Manage all aspects of confidential records; process benefit documents; and maintain FMLA/LOA and medical records, and worker’s compensation files.
- Develop and administer employee communications, team building activities, staff training, onboarding, and performance evaluations.
- Partner with Director and Department Heads on organizational development strategies and strategic planning initiatives.
- Manage recruitment process including job postings, interviews, and reference checks.
- Produce reports on key metrics, including benchmarking and benefits, compensation, IMRF regulations, and paid time off accruals.
- Mentor direct report and provide coaching to supervisors regarding employment issues, library HR policies, disciplinary actions, and employee relations.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years Human Resources experience.
- 2 plus years experience with benefits administration required
- Previous experience in a one-person HR department preferred.
- Knowledge of current and emerging state and federal employment laws and
- Proven track record in leading and facilitation of projects and programs successfully.
- Well developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Supervisory experience desired.
- Proficient in MS Word Suite software. HRIS experience a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Wilmette Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. We are committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce.